The Campus Health Center provides Women’s Health services, offered by physicians and nurse practitioners certified in women’s or family healthcare. Appointments are required for routine exams.
Women’s Health services include:
- Routine annual women’s health exams including:
- Pelvic exam
- Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer as appropriate
- Clinical breast exam and breast self-exam instruction
- Sexually transmitted disease(STD) screening as appropriate and upon request
- Birth control (contraception) and management
- Contraception advice and prescriptions
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment
- HIV testing
- Care for menstrual concerns (cramps, irregular bleeding, PMS, other related problems)
- Pregnancy testing and referrals
- IUD removal and diaphragm fitting
- Evaluation and treatment for other common women’s health issues such as:
- Vaginal infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Emergency contraception
The student health fee does not cover ancillary charges for services such as X-ray, Pharmacy, Laboratory and Procedures. These charges are assessed when you check out from the facility. If you have questions about your diagnostic test and procedure or charges, please consult with a CHC provider or nursing staff member.
When calling for an appointment, please be specific about your needs so we may schedule you with the most appropriate healthcare provider. For more information call the CHC at 575-646-1512.