EAP is an employee benefit administered by the Counseling and Student Development Center and located at Campus Health Center.
The following are a summary of services provided by EAP:
- EAP provides confidential counseling and consultation services to any NMSU employee experiencing personal and or work related problems.
- EAP provides consultation for supervisors concerning identification and intervention with employees who are experiencing personal and or work related problems.
- EAP provides educational seminars on stress management and other topics pertaining to employees’ well-being.
- EAP provides mediation to resolve workplace conflict.
- EAP acts as a referral service for employees who are experiencing issues with Alcohol/Drug Abuse. Services provided for drug and alcohol awareness, assessment, and referral are in accordance with provisions stipulated by Federal Drug-Free Workplace, Drug-Free Work Force, and Drug-Free Schools and Communities legislation.
(See the NMSU Drug and Alcohol Handbook)