NMSU branding
New Mexico State University
New Mexico State University

Work Related Injuries & Illnesses

If you are injured at work, you do not need to be on the NMSU health plan to receive medical care at the CHC.  In fact, NMSU recommends that an injured employee see a CHC provider first for all medical care and for any specialist referrals for a work related injury.

Exceptions are:

  • Need for emergency hospital care
  • Serious injury that occurs after CHC clinic hours
  • Injury that occurs outside Las Cruces area

Workers’ Compensation

If any of the above work related situations occur, the NMSU Workers’ Comp Coordinator (575-646-7375) and the CHC (575-646-1512) should be contacted within 24 hours to coordinate all follow-up medical care.